To install applications using Android Market perform the following steps:
- Open the Android Market application in the Applications menu.
- You can select any option - Applications, Games, Search or My Downloads based on what you want to do. You will then get a list of applications or games to choose from.
- You can also search for any particular application. You will then get a list of apps with their description and rating.
- Click on the application you want and you will get more details of that application - the number of downloads and user comments.
- To install it, just click on the Install button on the bottom of the screen.
- In the next screen, it will give you more details about the application including the different functionalities it will need to access. Just click on OK to finish installing the application.
Using the Android SDK
There is one more method that can be used, you can install APK files into your phone using the Android SDK. Download the Android SDK.
First of all, install the Android SDK on your computer. You will also need to install the Android USB drivers to connect the SDK to your phone via USB. You can download it from here - USB Driver for Windows | Android Developers .
To install applications from other sources, you also need go to Settings -> Application Settings and enable Unknown Sources. Also go to Settings -> SD Card and Phone Storage -> Disable Use for USB Storage. You can enable it again later.
Next, just open Command Prompt and type: adb install path/file.apk
where path is the full path to the APK file and file is the name of the APK application file. Your application is now installed. This is all you need to do, now just open the application on your phone and use it.
Using the Application
You can rate and even leave a comment on the Android Market about the application.
To access the application, just go to your Menu and select the application you want to launch.
To check a list of all the applications you have downloaded, open up Android Market again and select the My Downloads option.
Check out some cool Android applications to install.
How to Remove Applications
To uninstall applications that you installed using the Android Market:
- Open the Google Android Menu.
- Go to the Settings icon and select Applications.
- Next, click on Manage.
- You will be presented with a list of applications you have installed.
- Select the application you want to uninstall, and click the Uninstall button.