2
After my friend hard bricked his WM8650 I was wondering... How can one hard brick one's tablet?
I asked if it was by running out of battery while upgrading but you said that you couldn't hard brick this way.
Now I'm curious as to what NOT TO DO while upgrading your table because it could permanently brick your device.
Thanks
-Preceptor


4.damage sdcard, i really dont know, but if damge means when you put it on windows, the windows will tell you need to scan because its damage. then i have used a damge sdcard, but no brick I flash my apad almost everytime i think of flashing haha. and my sd card is full of apk. not fully formated, but it wont brick my apad.
Well from what I've done with the WM8650 I can tell this:

1. Running out of power at 10% of the installation won't brick it!
2. Pulling out the SD card at about 60~70%, won't brick it!
3. Damage sdcard, I really do not know, but if damage means when you put it on windows, the windows will tell you, you need to scan because its damage. then i have used a damge sdcard, but no brick I flash my apad almost everytime i think of flashing haha. and my sd card is full of apk. not fully formated, but it wont brick my apad.
4. (God forbid it wont happen to anyone) Using a damaged SD, (there's no good install check) the SPI gets emptied and the tablet is successfully bricked!
Actually, I intended the changer to ALWAYS format before flashing, just because it's more safe! But I guess it's better to have that as an option instead of default (i can imagine loads of people losing all their sd's data)

I suppose there might be an infinite number of bizzare possibilities, but there are only two (possibly three) safety rules that you should worry about normally (if your intent isn't obviously malicious or destructive, and you're at least talking about flashing one of the Uberoid options onto a wm8650 tablet):

1) Stay with options for your screen size.

2) Never interrupt a flash in progress, at least not before it seems to have stabilized as finished or stuck (say 10-15 minutes of no change).

3) Make sure your battery is well charged, and/or your tablet's connected to a reliable power source before you begin. This is sort of a corollary of 2 but well worth noting separately as it requires attention before rather than during flashing, and is probably even more likely to cause erratic and serious problems if ignored.

but still, you really need to be careful... when flashing, the risk is 90/9/1, better apad(90%), semi-brick apad(9%) or dead apad(1%)

I think hardbrick happens when the components of your apad failed. not by flashing
-len

Post a Comment Blogger

  1. Is there any way to unbrick a WM8650? I was trying to flash Uberoid using the Changer and it ran until I had to remove the SD card, and since then.... nothing. I can't retry because the tablet won't show anything on the screen or read from the card any more. I've tried the reset button, and it made no difference. The only signs of life are the green light and the red light.

    Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. after trying the reset button, charge it again and dont power it up, put your sdcard again then turn it on, thats how you do it to revive your wm8650 tablet :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Top