Steps on rooting your Samsung Galaxy Y
- Download the update.zip file from here
- Do not uncompress it, just copy this "update.zip" file directly in your phone’s SD Card and not on any folder.
- Switch off your device
- Boot into recovery mode using the following key combination: Press simultaneously the buttons Volume UP + Home Button + Power Button
- You will find your phone in recovery mode with blue colored UI. You cannot use touchscreen while your phone is in recovery mode. For making selections and movements, you have to make use of volume up/down keys and make the selection by pressing home key.
- In the recovery mode menu, there is an option 'apply update from sdcard' Select it.
- Choose the pasted update.zip and click on “yes”.
- After the patching of that file, you will be back to the menu, and there it’s written “reboot system now”. Select it.
- After the reboot, go to phone’s main menu and if you are able to find the “SuperUser” App on it, it will simply mean that you have rooted your phone!
Well guys now that I have finally made a tutorial specially for rooting Samsung Galaxy Y, it won't be difficult for you to run the HD games which I will be posting here on this blog.